Pages

2/28/2014

The Finale- 29 faces challenge... #28 and OM Goodness We Have to Do One Extra...........

I've been playing lately. Playing with creating this stuff called acrylic skin. The doodling in her face is the skin that I made and cut up and pasted on. This is the first attempt. I'll come back and report more on that later. And for #29 I sat in the car before work with pencil and charcoal. It's a beginning. It's a quick one. I've been watching the activities for a long time over at Paint Party Friday where there's a lot of "cool stuff." (I've just not had the nerve to submit anything.) There is an invitation but somehow I feel like I'm a new comer crashing the party. I'm going to crash it tonight. And also here. This 29 faces challenge has been...... a challenge, pretty much a fun challenge when I didn't take myself too seriously. I think I'm getting better at not doing that. I might come back and do it again. Thanks to Martha. Thanks to those who visited here and took the time to leave a comment. ......... jo P.S Ha ha ha ha ha. I just went to post this to 29 Faces and found that Mr. Linky Widget expired 28 hours ago. Ha ha ha ha.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! We DID it! I like your 'Green Girl'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You made it! I think 28 is charming for all her facial colors and 29 is nice because of the wonderful shading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you- another artist who has crossed the finish line with this challenge! Although I didn't participate I have so enjoyed seeing so many fabulous portraits. I can assure you that you are NOT crashing the PPF party- the more the merrier! It really is one of the best communities for gathering a diverse group of artists whatever the style or skill level. Wonderful portraits to end Feb! Hope to see you there again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you at the party Jo, congrats on finishing all the faces, it certainly was a huge challenge.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also needed courage a couple of years ago to submit my work to PPF - but I have received so much encouragement there - and so will you. Good job on your faces and actually completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo,
    Congratulations on completing the challenge. Nice work on the faces and the green one has quite an interesting texture, I like it.
    Glad you stopped worrying and crashed the party!!!

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your face page-it pops off the background and she looks very self confident and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and textures in the first woman! And the expression of the second!

    ReplyDelete