Pages

3/24/2013

Something New

I found some plain, manila file folders at the dollar store recently, just perfect for art, I think. In my quest for using up lots of paper scraps I thought about collaging on file folders. But wait! I got side tracked again. My old sewing machine that is just a wee bit temperamental has been calling to me. I found some paper scraps, some of my own strips and some from some pretty paper I had begun to collect years ago and tore them in long strips. I sewed them onto the file folder. I even sewed tissue paper. This took a lot of patience for me and my temperamental machine, but I managed to do it without a bunch of expletives. Here is one side of a folder I did. And here are a couple of close ups. I will have to do some more. I think I'll try strips from the gelli plate prints. I'll let you know how these end up. I'm thinking they would make some very cool mail art as well...................... I have spent the morning housecleaning and cooking. The rest of the day is mine for playing before work tomorrow. Hope you're having a relaxing day. Thanks for stopping in..............................................jo

3 comments: