Pages

3/01/2013

More Homemade Stamps

The last several days I've been trying to carve more stamps. So far I don't feel I'm very good at it, although, I suppose it's like anything else, with more practice I should get better. Right? Carving does take time and patience, and perhaps, that's what I'm lacking when I sit down to do it. Anyway, here is something I made with some home made stamps I carved. MY MAN thought it would look cool on a summer shirt. Also, I attempted to make some stamps with a glue gun which didn't show up very well with a stamp pad but offered some interesting effects with the gelli plate. Here's a couple of the stamps. I made a couple of them on a heat resistant craft mat, peeled them off after they were dry and glued them to a cardboard square, and a couple of other ones, I made right on the cardboard. Tomorrow I will share with you what I made with the stamps and gelli plate. Ah, the gelli plate. The possibilities seem endless. One final note I wanted to share and that is that I have some new pieces in my Etsy Shop. I would love it if you would go there and look. They are posted on the right side of the blog. Thank you. Thanks for stopping by..............................jo

5 comments:

  1. Great patterns Jo. Looking forward to seeing the gelli plate patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh - on the gelli plate! I tried making a hot glue stamp once and was terribly disappointed because I couldn't get a good stamp image from it. Now I want to try again because I bet they are very cool on the gelli plate. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete