Pages

9/30/2012

Ok So I didn't finish the "Twenty Minutes" of art pieces I showed you on the last post but I did finish the 12 x 12 pieces of wood I introduced to you on the post before that. When I started taking pics of them I noted that the last one I worked on needed more color, especially red. Then, I just felt like they were all lacking something and so I set about flicking paint specks on all of them. Here are some closeups. I'm not sure how I feel about these. I am debating on putting some words on them.I like how I challenged myself to work on lots of layers and that they are different yet similar. Maybe I've been working on them for awhile so that I'm tired of looking at them. Maybe I need to leave them for awhile and come back to them. What do you think? On another note, I have been drawing faces IN THE VAN in the morning before work. These are all out of my head. I notice I also get into certain hair styles as I am drawing. At one time I thought I wanted to be a cosmetologist so maybe the hair thing is a result of that. Here's a few faces.
I hope you've had a good weekend. The weather was wonderful today. Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the faces in color on the text backgrounds. They are not the ‘usual’ girly faces you see all over the web! (I like that they’re different in that way.) Like someone I might know!
    Let the 12x12 pieces sit for a while if you're not sure. It will become apparent what they need when the time is right. (I like them now, but I like ALL you collages!)

    ReplyDelete