Pages

9/01/2012

Little Surprises

Life, you know, has a way of getting in the way of things we want to do and need to do. This week has been one of those weeks. Getting the shop open and running has been time consuming and a challenge, which came as no surprise to me, although,when I finally finished it I felt exhausted, drained, as if I'd just given birth. I needed time to refuel and rest. At the time time, I was thrilled on the first day I posted that I made my first sale. Good feeling. I wanted to share a couple of things with you. A couple of weeks ago I visited a local thrift store and found this sweet little item for $6.00. I am guessing it is a jewelry box, or in this case, I guess it could be called a jewelry closet. How about a mini jewelry amour? I can envision it, refinished, repainted- each little door panel with something different. And it has a little hole so it can be hung. You know how one person's junk is another person's treasure. Another surprise I discovered this week was this. I found this Texture Fierro in the bargain bins outside Michaels recently, marked down to what I thought was .99 but when I got to the register it was $2.99. It had no idea what it was for but it was the gold paint that drew me to look at it. It's kind of like a fine, yet course paste that will give some . duh, texture. I tried using it here with the joint compound tape I have also recently discovered. I've started working in this gigantic Moleskin (11 3/4 x 16.5) that you see these pictures in. It feels really good to be working in something that large although it does mean that I need to clean, no clear, my work space a bit in order to work in it. And lastly, I've been going a bit crazy with these 12x12 blocks of wood from Home Depot. These are not finished and in most cases will totally change. I'm literally throwing stuff out there, trial and error, trying to be brave, not trying to plan it out, just trusting the process, one moment at a time. It seems I got to a point and then, the trust had run out and I moved on to another one. Impatience? Being too critical? Was my inner critic sitting invisibly behind me whispering in my ear, "These really are not hitting on too much. Try again." I am grateful for a long weekend. I am also grateful I no longer have to be one of those mothers with a long list of school supplies and back to school shopping to do. I can say I've been there and done that. Thanks for stopping by. Please visit again and if you haven't done so already, please stop in and view the shop. ------------------------Jo

1 comment:

  1. I like the colors here (as if you wouldn’t know I’d like pink!) What do you plan to do with the jewelry box? Whatever you do it will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete