Pages

9/16/2012

Weaving

I know a lot of people don't like spiders, for many reasons. I can't say I dislike them but I can say I am intrigued by what they create. There are some people who believe that if you come in contact with certain animals, or certain animals tend to show up or show themselves to you, they are trying to send you a message. They are your animal totem. Spiders, it is thought represent creativity. It's not hard to understand. It makes sense to me. Look at the amazing webs they weave. Some spiders are so small, it's really amazing they can weave such enormous canvases. I have been aware of my seeing a lot of spiders for a very long time, and no, not just because it's been summer time. I don't particularly like seeing spiders in my house or running in to a spider web, but I don't as a rule, go out of my way to search and destroy the web, or kill the spider. I believe there is a reason I keep running into or coming upon them, both spiders and webs. The day was beautiful yesterday, clear, blue sky, sunshine and very pleasant temperatures. I really could have enjoyed just sitting outside sketching or reading, but, knowing there were some things weighing heavy on my mind and I needed to work through them, I did some necessary yard work. I got out my carving tool. and I proceeded to carve and cut and chip away.......... And I touched the crepe myrtle. Thick, strong and smooth but getting choked by the overgrowth and ivy. Kind of like when sometimes people in your life consume too much your energy and focus. It takes a lot of work, strength, and a brave person to realize this. It takes more to keep going, to face forward, to hold on to your dreams. I gathered, collected, trimmed some more. Ok. so it's not perfect, but it's a heckovalot better than it was. And I walked to the mail box and my mail box was happy once again. Lovely mail art from Nydia in Connecticut. I am enjoying being a part of making happy mailboxes Thank you, Nydia. And lastly, I found another sign, another yes-you-are-doing-what-you-are-supposed-to-be-doing-right-now message from the ones that weave. The sun was bright and it's not a great picture but you get the point. You know what I am talking about. I'm glad you stopped by.---------------------Jo

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That spider must be the size of a truck to weave a web of that size! Glad I'm not there to run into 'him'!

    ReplyDelete