Pages

7/11/2012

Savoring

I decided tonight I didn't want to post any art. I didn't even want to work on an ICAD. I decided as I was driving home from work that I wanted to remember the things in this world that I love and love to savor. We get so caught up in this fast paced- I- want- it- now -instant- gratification- world, we may forget to stop and remember the little things that are special to us. Maybe, I'm just plain feeling sentimental, or maybe it's when I can hear myself think and breathe, when I can hear the quiet, I can remember these things. So, I thought I'd share with you a few of the things I savor. ~ The sounds of birds in the early morning hours. ~ Cobalt Blue. ~ The smell of fresh cut grass. ~ The smell of onions and garlic being cooked. ~ Morning glories and amaryllis. ~ Pachelbel Canon. ~ The smell of the ocean. ~ The roar of the ocean. ~ Having some money in my pocket. ~ Classical guitar music. ~ To dance. ~ My dog's brown eyes. ~ A good walk. ~ A baked potato loaded with butter, sour cream and scallions. ~ Book stores. ~ Art stores. ~ The sound of violin and cello. ~ Hearing my dog heave a great big sigh. ~ Books. ~ Seashells. ~ Seeing the snow fall at dusk or dawn. ~ The smell of patchouli. ~ Old, lacy, sheer curtains. ~ My daughter's naturally, curly hair. ~ The sound of rain when I don't have a headache. ~ A warm bubble bath. ~ Amaretto. ~ Red velvet. ~ The smell of Autumn. ~ Dark, black hair. ~ Mustaches on men. ~ Feeling the magic of Christmas. ~ A good story teller. ~ A good cry. ~ black licorice ~ A child's giggles. ~ Peace and quiet. ~ Crickets on a summer night. ~ My brother Jim's hugs. That's not too many things, is it? What are some of the things you really love? Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Great post!
    The best sound in the world is a child laughing!
    The rest of my list would be too long to type!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful list you have.....it's made me think of the precious things we love too.

    ReplyDelete