Pages

5/22/2014

Project 52- #11-15

I decided this year to create a piece of art on a playing card once a week for the year. I got the idea from Seth Apter who offers a workshop called 52 Card Pickup, which always intrigues me when ever I see his teaching schedule. Perhaps one day, I might get to take his class, but for now, I'm creating my own little canvases. Here are 5 more. I think it can be challenging to work on something small. I mean it is smaller than an index card. Ok. I think it is the size of an artist trading card. exactly. It is a good way to use up scraps or what ever is laying on your work table or on the floor. I can't remember when it was last that I actually vacuumed the floor of my studio. How about you? Are you working on a weekly project for a year?

4 comments:

  1. 52 weeks is too much of a commitment for me! I like watching you do it though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. A good size for quick piece of art, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful group of lovelies! I've done the ICAD project before, but rather like this playing card idea. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these. And happy to hear that you are taking the idea of my workshop and putting your own twist on it. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete