Pages

6/01/2012

In the Beginning

Tammy Garcia over at Daisy Yellow is hosting another ICAD voyage. That's Index-card-a-day in case you don't remember, and I will be trying to meet this challenge of doing some kind of art on an index card a day for the next two months, although I'm not going to sweat it if I don't. It begins today so here's my first one.
On another note, I received another postcard from 16 yr old, senior high school student, Sunyukun, from Chengdu, China, where it is hometown to pandas. She writes that she loves(ed) Michael Jackson and is interested in knowing how to write "I love you," in many different languages. She wrote "I love you" and "USA" in Chinese. ON the bottom of the postcard it says Qin Shihuang's Terracotta Warriors & Horses. I don't see any horses but I do see several headless warriors.
We'll be right back after these messages. :) Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. It looks like you are off to a great start. love all the layers of color

    ReplyDelete
  2. "In the Beginning" is the perfect way to start the ICAD off, and what a bang of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love taking the idea of In the Beginning for starting off this challenge. I am in awe of all the ideas I've seen already. Also love those terracotta warriors. Some were touring the States, but I didn't get a chance to see them. Such fascinating history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, bright, happy colors! Love your card for today! Looking foward to seeing all the cards to follow from you and everyone else!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the ICAD! Can’t wait to see what you come up with for two months worth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. terrific start to the challenge! your 'turn of phrase' made me smile, and love the color too...it's going to be a fun journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome index card - love your lettering

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, I love the colors! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! So rich and colorful!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bright pop for you icad. I am joining in for the first time, this should be fun.xox

    ReplyDelete