Pages

4/23/2012

Laughter

Quinn McDonald is a writer, an artist and a creativity coach. I really like her blog and her new book new book raw Art Journaling. Her post today had to do with creating poetry found from the spines of books. She made the suggestion to go to our book shelves and look at the spines of books and make poetry. I did it this evening. This is what I found and little poems I created.
The Sun the Moon and the Stars Their Eyes Were Watching God, The Echo Maker and
Traveling Mercies, Some Thoughts on Faith Hard Laughter tho I think it gives me more of a chuckle if I read or write it like this: Traveling Mercies Some Thoughts on Faith Hard Laughter I have faith, but this seems to remind me that even when I am hurting, I need to remind myself that I need to laugh more. And we all know the benefits of laughter. and finally
Godmother On the Road with the Archangel The Color of Water or rewritten like this: Godmother on the road with the archangel, the color of water. I can see using these in words in my art work. They create some interesting images and color in my mind. I'm glad I did this. It reminds me to get back to using my poetry in my art work. Thanks, Quinn. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful. I'm trying to think of a way we can add small filler words (with, and, the). I tried capitalizing the first letter of each new book, but that doesn't look at good as yours. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ones! Also some books for me to look for.

    My Found Poetry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea! I really like your first poem. It makes a very serendipitously powerful statement/image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting combinations. I´d love to read the first three together. :)

    ReplyDelete