Pages

4/07/2012

Findings

I pulled out this box of old Sanford oil pastel crayons that have been with me since the late 1980's. I got them in Boston where I lived for seven years but I didn't really know what to do with them. Some of them are a little dried out, some are softer, kind of like me. lol
I started drawing these crazy flowers with these crayons. Found I could do some smudging with my fingers. Found out they work as a resist. Then I threw some gesso down on another page, drew some more flowers and then some watercolor down. I like that the oil crayon and the gesso both act as a resist.
I kind of like the result. I will be playing some more with these. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Great flowers! I like the blue background best. I have oil pastels on my ‘someday’ list, but for now I’m too busy with journals!

    ReplyDelete