Pages

10/25/2012

The Chair Project

I've often shared with you my thrift store findings, most recently my old school house wooden chairs I got for $6.00 a piece.
The bear didn't come with the chair. She just thought the chair was for her. Anyway, when I saw those chairs, of course, I could see throwing color and all sorts of things on them. I often cheaply print my art at Kinkos exactly for this reason, so I had an abundance of scraps stashed away. Everything on this chair up to this point is all my art, whether it be torn paper from the prints or pages torn from a sketchbook, or the left over wax paper from my art table. Here is what I've done so far.
The tree here is my photography.
For those of you who may have been following my blog for awhile, you may recognize certain pieces of paper. Like the tree in the left corner is from 'Winter," and, Robin may recognize some of the brown circles and some other things from an envelope I sent her. The pieces along the upper part of the chair are from several art journal pages.
The above one is a bit blurry. I'm sorry. But you can see the recycled baby wipe, and a piece from 'Circle.' Lucy wanted to give me her opinion on this matter so she conveniently parked herself in a not so convenient location.
And one more.
Hope you enjoyed seeing my pictures. I will keep you posted as it progresses. In the next day or two, I will show you more pictures of The Garage Collaborative because that has changed since I last showed it to you. Thanks for all your comments. I always give feedback so I love getting yours. Thanks for visiting.................Jo

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I recognize some of it! (This reminds me of my mother. She used to ‘wallpaper’ furniture! Just between you, me and the lamppost I like yours better!)

    ReplyDelete