Pages

10/13/2012

About six months or so ago, I was able to treat myself to some new art supplies because of a gift from my fairy godmother. I purchased some items I might not necessarily have chosen merely because of the cost, but a set of india inks were one of them. I hadn't done too much with them until today while playing in the studio. I wanted to see if I could use the ink as paint instead of paint. I also wanted to play with adding fabric and paint on fabric. This is what I came up with so far today.
And some other things I've been slowly gathering over the last several years are stencils. I love stencils. There are a ton of them out there. I bought some stencil sheets and have been making some of my own. I was at Ben Franklin recently and happened on a sale item, a scrapbook for five dollars. And guess what? The plastic sheets on the inside are perfect for holding 6 x 6 stencils. I had fun stenciling the cover of the soon to be stencil holding book.
I don't know about you but I am enjoying the cool weather. Boots and sweaters and golden yellow trees make me feel good. Thanks for stopping here.......Jo.

4 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with the inks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's such a good idea for stencil storage! I'm going to have to be on the lookout for a cheap scrapbook now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you're doing. Very beautiful ink painting. I'm in SW Florida and headed to South America so the sound of boots and sweaters is quite foreign to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting fabric additions! I like what you’ve done there. And way cool stencil! (I’d love to borrow it sometime, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete