Pages

1/01/2012

Kokoro

And those who were seen dancing were thought
to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
~Nietzsche



I am liking this new found freedom of throwing things down, giving myself only a few minutes to do each task. I am not thinking about it as I do it even though I hear my inner critics' words tell me, "Wait! Do you really want to put that there?"
"Yes, and be quiet!" I say.
I am finding it amusing to throw in old photos into my art work.
The little munchkin is yours truely.

That's my Mom around 18 yrs old in the upper left corner.











And that's me in the lower left hand corner on the beach in Lake Champlain one summer. That's the place I remember as a kid where a sea gull "left a present" on my father's head. You know, my father, the minister. That's when I learned where "Gad Zukes!!" came from. Many of them......








Kokoro, I have read, means heart, mind and soul in Japanese.
More later.

1 comment: