Pages

7/07/2014

Power Surges and Blue Bell Ice Cream

Right now I hear the tinkling, music box version of Yankee Doodle Dandy and Ten Little Indians as the ice cream truck moves slowly past the house. I thought for a split second of going out to see exactly what he had on his truck before I remembered I had some mint chocolate chip ice cream that needed to be eaten. I have no patience with summer this year. Truly. I used to be pretty tolerant of these Virginia summers. Not this year. I am already having my own power surges and so I don't like it when mine mix with the normal outside heat. I don't like it when I'm talking to someone at work and all of a sudden I want to start taking off my clothes and I'd swear my forehead has sweat beads. Ah. One of the joys of life. I had been behind on the icad challenge but was delighted to have lots of quiet peaceful time this weekend to hang out in summer pjs and play. In fact, I enjoyed my time so much I partook in pizza and ice cream, which I don't ordinarily eat. After listening to nearly 15 minutes worth of conversation by my coworkers about Blue Bell ice cream and how utterly wonderful it was, and how they could not believe I'd never had it, I had to seek it out at my grocery store only to stand there in front of 4 freezer sections devoted only to Blue Bell ice cream and sherbet and I was totally overwhelmed. I came home with mint chocolate chip which I love so I knew I couldn't go wrong. It was good. Here are a few more ICADs. One month gone. One to go. You know I spent a long time on this one. Just drop your tea bag on an index card and see what you can do with it. Ha ha ha!! Did you know that needle point canvases make great stencils? They show up a lot in my work. I think I own 4 or 5 Copic markers and that's what I used to color in this doodling. Yes, this one took so much time to make. I simply glued down a painty baby wipe, doodled and added a torn paper with my home made stamp. The last one was the sweetest thing because I didn't really do anything. It's a gelli printed index card with a torn piece of my art with some found words. How sweet is that? Thanks for stopping by. Stay tuned for more little simple "stuff." Now, I've gotta go see about this Blue Bell ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, he's so cute! I never knew creatures lived in tea bags! I like the Gelli print best. Simply stated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of these and love the idea of just dropping a tea bag on a card. Must try that!

    ReplyDelete