Pages

9/09/2013

Baby Wipes

I am making my way through the workshops at Twenty One Secrets. I am picking up some interesting tips, techniques and ideas from each one, even if I do not do or complete the project for each class. For example I learned a much easier way to make a home made journal from Terri Kahr's I have a Secret class. She makes it from a mailing envelope, card stock and a simple pamphlet stitch. And talk about fun. Each page is gessoed and color is drawn on with water color pencils and then rubbed, blended in with baby wipes. I took it a step further and used water color crayons. I found that color will really pop when letting one layer dry and then adding more on top. Right now I am just having a ball covering the pages with color. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that after raising a twin son and daughter, baby wipes would again be a frequent item on my grocery list. Tomorrow I will show you another piece I made from another workshop through 21 Secrets. Thanks for visiting here.....jo

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! Baby wipes are always on my art table too. they are good for so many things. I love the richness of the colors on your papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly me! All I use them for is clean up! I'll have to give this a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete