Pages

12/03/2013

Happy Lights

Some of you may remember those little candles with the tissue paper our kids made in school. They usually came home the last day of school before the Christmas break. I decided to make some of my own. Here are some beginnings. I found it a bit tricky as tissue paper is so delicate and I did tear a couple of tiny holes in it as I was trying to lay the paper down so carefully on a mod podged surface. I was delighted to find some glass ware at the thrift store for a couple of dollars and today was gifted 3 cases of mason jars. How great is that! And how cool they look with a tea light candle in them! There's no end to what you could do as far as designs. I love houses and city scenes so that's what I started with. If I still had a fireplace I would have tons of them on the mantle. Maybe next year I'll remember to start making these in the summer time....... Thanks for stopping by.................xoxoxo Jo. I am headed over to "Aimee's place" because it's Glue It Tuesday and there's a lot of fun and good stuff happening over there.

2 comments: