Pages

11/01/2013

Grow Your Garden

Back in June I took the train to Pennsylvania and visited my "bestest buddy," Patty. Patty and I have a history, spanning at least thirty years of friendship. Patty and I met as college room mates. Patty, I have learned over the years is a wonderful gardener. I have watched her garden grow through out the years and whenever I'd visit she'd always have something new to show me. This last time I looked at her garden with new eyes. I took so many pictures because I wanted to draw, sketch, paint her garden. And while she is awesomely creative in many areas, a wonderful water color artist, her garden has been her canvas for a good long while. I am amazed. I do not remember the names of these plants, flowers. Perhaps I should have taken a notebook with me on the tour. Here are a few pictures I took from Patty's garden. It occurred to me that I was working on this Dollar Store board book while on the train to visit her and also at her house. I showed you a peek of a page yesterday because I hadn't decided what I wanted to write on it. I figured it out. Sorry about the green grid underneath the photo. I didn't have enough natural light left by the time I took the photo. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a creative weekend........................jo I am linking to Aimee's Glue It Tuesday Carolyn Dube's November Gelli Print Party and Balzer Designs Art Journal Every Day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a lovely garden! I love that vivid blue flower.
    Your sweet painting is a joy to behold too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely garden! And your book is a perfect reflection of Patty's efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos and fabulous art journaling! Thanks for sharing with A Colorful Gelli Print Party!

    ReplyDelete