Pages

8/23/2013

Peeling the Layers

It is our un-mourned losses that become the scar tissue of the heart.~julia cameron. A pretty powerful sentence. A new art journal page.......... I hesitated to put this up because at first it seemed so dismal. Maybe when I sketched out my girl I was feeling an un-mourned loss. This page is full of layers. Maybe I've been peeling away the layers of scar tissue. We so often only show the happy stuff in our lives and I think it takes courage to share the not so happy stuff along with the not so happy art. But it's all part of who we are or are finding out who we are. And it's ok. Thanks for visiting here. I hope you've had a good week.Thanks for all your wonderful comments. It's part of why I keep showing up here. Thanks for visiting...................xoxoxo jo I am linking today with Art Journal Every Day and the art journaler group at Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. Gee, I don't think it's dismal. It's emotional, but that's not a bad thing. You're right; we should show all sides, not just the happy/smiley.

    ReplyDelete