Pages

12/11/2015

Greetings and Happy Paint Party Friday!!!

Hello good people!! It's been awhile. ..Life happens, stuff happens and some of it can feel pretty crappy sometimes as we all know. ..... Since I last posted........... I had a birthday. I know that some of you know that I have a twin son and daughter who are now 24 yrs old, but some may not know that I also have a twin brother. Yes, I know........... I thought it was supposed to skip a generation, too! ha ha ha ha. Somebody!! Help!! Let us out of here!!! John and I, I think, have this game every year to see who is going to be the first one to send birthday greetings on this day, be it text, email or phone call. I think I usually beat him because I start my day earlier than him. Happy Birthday, womb mate we say. My daughter, Liza, treated me to lunch on that day and I had the day off from work so it was rather nice as I'd never had my birthday off in my adult life. I continued to paint and create and got up each day and went to work and dragged myself home. My 11 year old sweet dog, Buddy, blind, deaf, diabetic, with Cushing's Disease, really had gone down hill. Fast. It was very sad. And it was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make.......... to let him go. He was a much loved and cared for dog. But he had become very sick. The first picture was taken two days before I let him go and was a rare moment when he was able to stand up. I think the love we have for our animals is a love like no other. They are, for many people, our family. They love us unconditionally. While I'd always had cats in the house as a child and my adult life, I'd never had a dog until Buddy when I adopted him from some not so nice people. I have to mention here without drawing this out too much that letting your pet go peacefully at home makes so much sense. I found the most caring, tender woman vet who talked me through every step of what was going happen before it happened. Not only did she care about me, she cared about Buddy. My dear brother Jim, was with me, supported me, as we said good bye. The vet proceeded to take out a ball of clay and make a print of Buddy's paw, which I thought was kind of special. ............ Yes, it's hard to say goodbye. Hard to let go of those we love..... hard to change schedules and routines which had revolved around our pets, and hard to see empty corners........... But life does go on.... ....... despite the sad state of affairs our world is in................. We will continue to love, love our animals, and create through it all. Thank goodness for ART. I miss the good people at Paint Party Friday so I am headed there I wish you a peaceful, creative weekend. Thanks for visiting here.

16 comments:

  1. Oh Jo! I’m so sorry for your loss. And I feel your pain. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, making that decision. (even harder than leaving my father at the VA hospital.) We were lucky with our vet too. We told Sammy we were going for a ride in the car (his favorite activity!) parked in the shade behind the vet’s office and she administered the lethal dose as he lay in the back of our truck on his favorite blanket. We held him and talked to him as he slipped away. (I’m tearing up as I type this and it was over five years ago. But it was the right decision. {{{hugs}}}
    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! I am so sorry to hear about Buddy. Having had our first family dog put to sleep several years ago, I can relate to how hard it is to let them go. May your heart be filled with peace in the knowledge that he is in a better place than we are. As artists, we are blessed to have our artwork to help us through these times. Happy PPF and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello JO. Such a lovely blog you have. I became a follower. Belated birthday wishes. My childhood best friends were (and still are!) twins it did skip one generation in their family but I guess every situation is unique :) That circular piece is lovely. Is it made into embroidery hoop? beautiful colors. I'm sorry for your loss. It is terrible to loose ones familiar. My cat Pumpuli passed away 2 years ago in the age of 13 I still see dreams of her sometimes. They are always with us in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art has always helped me to heal in some way. To cherish the good times and forget the bad times...Have a nice weekend Jo:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting, sad, beautiful post. I am sorry about Buddy. We have had many dogs through 50 years of marriage but three of them I really connected with and it is very lonely without them. Yes, thank goodness for art. Yours, here is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss Jo! Good that art helps you! Wonderful art!
    Have a good weekend!
    Funny that you are a twin and have twin kids as well!
    ♥♥♥

    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jo, Good to see you back at PPF.
    Losing a pet can be very traumatic, seems like the way you handled it was best.
    Your art here is stunning, so colourful with great patterns and shapes. I love the painted face which has so much personality, and I love the tags and the heart, great colour combinations here, love all your paintings.
    Is that your own quote? - it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you dear Jo this lovely post and your comment to me.
    I wish you a very happy Birthday ♥ Your baby twin photo is most adorable and now you have very beautiful doughter. I am sorry about your deceased Buddy. My two old dogs have also passed away. But we have memories and photos left.
    Have a wonferful holiday time♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all (yes, as I am tearing up) I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved family member. What a beautiful thing to be able to give him eternal peace when he was suffering as difficult as it is on us. I have had to do the same several times and it NEVER gets any easier. My English cocker is now 14 yrs old and showing signs of her age and it saddens me. BUT, I try very hard to take joy and spend time with her by sitting and having her on my lap several times a day even though it is so hard for me to sit still. That said, I wish you comfort in all the happy memories with your Buddy. Your artwork is beautiful, and yes, art heals. Lovely photo of you and your daughter. Take care and thanks for sharing with our fabulous PPF community.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful, happy belated birthday greetings.
    Have a nice weekend, I'm happy you dropped in at my blog

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful art pieces Jo. Your daughter is beautiful and so interesting all these twins in the family, whew! So sorry about your dog and as you say, such is life, not easy. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, such a roller coaster of emotions from the sweet picture of you and your twin brother to the devastating loss of your pet, I am so glad you have art in your life! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry for your loss. Pets become part of our life and it is hard when they pass away. I hope your art helps to fill that empty space in your heart.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww Jo, so sorry for your loss of your sweet furry buddy. I know too well that loss of our pup companions. Our oldest is 14 1/2 and every day is a struggle. So glad you found a wonderful vet. Belated Happy Birthday. What a beautiful daughter you have. Glad you family is around. Love the art as always. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Happy Birthday again so glad you had your daughter to share it with!! So sad about Buddy, sorry it is so close to Christmas that it happened!! I am wishing you wonderful things in the new year!! Love your ornaments!! You truly deserve your own line of products in home design!! I LOVE them so much!!

    Big hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all, Happy belated birthday. Second of all, so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a dog or cat is like losing your best friend. And lastly, I love your art. Glad you have something to put yourself into because it really really helps. Stay strong and hope your have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete