Pages

8/18/2015

A Pile of Cards

I altered a deck of cards. You can see earlier ones in previous posts but here's a few more. I was not as enthusiastic with some of the cards as I was with others. Some are just plain "simple." The people on the vintage photo card came from some of my family photos although right this moment I cannot tell you who they are. And Anne Lamott is one of my favorite authors. I have this quote hanging above my desk.To me, it's kind of like a reminder that we're allowed or supposed to give ourselves permission to play and make messes not only with art but in our lives in order to figure out what it is we're supposed to be doing. IN other words we often have to go through some _____ in order to get to the good stuff. Does that make sense? Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Going through the ---- is the part I don't like so much! lol Nice to get to the other side, though. (Interesting looking family!)

    ReplyDelete