Pages

8/19/2011

Listen to the Voice in Your Heart

My twin son and daughter will be twenty years old in two days. Yeesh. Doesn't seem possible yet I can remember it like it was yesterday. I gained 70 lbs. Yes, you read that correctly. It's amazing what a body can do- in this case, house two aliens. Just hold on til 34 weeks they said. (I was already on bedrest for a good month and a half.) Good Lord!! Weebles wabble but they don't fall down and it is simply amazing how many popsicles one can devour in the heat of the summer while in bed doing art work no less. Better do it now. They would arrive when they and a greater power deemed it so. Vaginal delivery. No epidural, at 33 weeks.

This is the card I made for my daughter. I hope she likes it. I think she will. We are beginning to understand each other more as we grow up. I am so proud of her, working and going to college in hopes of entering a nursing program soon. She's smart and she's beautiful. She has been for me at times, a shining light in my night sky.

The envelope.

The outside.

The inside.

Happy Birthday, Eliza.
Love, Mommy.


P.S Twin son's card is not finished yet.




2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Eliza will BE OVER THE MOON with her card, it's brilliant. Are you going to post your son's card when finished...I'd love to see it......ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! She'll love it! Happy birthday to both kiddos!

    ReplyDelete