Pages

6/26/2015

Pocket full of Post It Notes

Lately, after working all day, I struggle with how to use the few hours I have before I have to do it all over again the next day. I have to decide whether to actually work on something for myself, work on planning a class or project for the Saturday mixed media/art journaling class I've been leading on Saturday mornings, or post to this blog. I can blame it on my getting older or the horrible summer heat which I seem to have less tolerance for on top of my already natural power surge moments, or all of the above. ON that note, I HAVE been doing what I can in those few hours after I come home from work. I just haven't been sharing them as I can't seem to stay awake long enough to do so. Everyday I come home with a pocket full of post it notes with all these creative ideas. I have a pile of them paper clipped on my desk. HOpefully I will remember what they're for when I do get to them. I do get some of those ideas started.. I feel this is the time in my life when I am feeling or being most creative and I struggle with not being able to own all my time quite yet. Can you feel me? Can you relate to what I am saying? Thank you for hanging in there with me even though I don't post as regularly as I'd like. Thank you for supporting me and asking if I'm alright. Thank you for your comments. They are very much appreciated. I am off to join the party since I haven't been there is a few weeks. They always have good "stuff" at this party.

14 comments:

  1. Life get busy, we understand! ♥♥♥♥ the last two pictures!!! What's it gonna be? Looks like unstretched canvas....seat cover for the awesome pink chair maybe???? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you have made is really good, in spite of limited time. I know that I now revel in the luxury of being a pensioner and having lots of time. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning my dear!! Love what you are doing!! The way you blend colours is so inspiring!! I love it!! So glad to see you here....I MISS you so much!! I have a theory that women should be doing what they love after a certain age...so it doesn't feel so much like work!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how it is. Deciding what to do is difficult and some days I don't want to do any of it. Especially when it is hot and summery. But love your painted piece. The colors are so pretty and I love the images. Summer feels like a 2 sun world and I can't imagine what one must be like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad to see you return Jo. Your painting is just gorgeous- I love that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're so creative! Thanks for sharing your work!

    Smiles, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your last wall hanging, Jo. As nice as it looks on the screen, in person it really is super gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jo. I can understand where you are coming from. Hang in there. I like what you've done so far. The colors are awesome. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luv your panel with pink suns,
    Nice

    Have a good weekend

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could swap you some cold for some heat.. we'd like it a little warmer here!!! If only......
    Oh boy... I love your painted canvas... awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Jo. I love the "scape" and the colors you have used. So creative, so arty! Your imagination is wonderful. i too have a hard time this year posting regularly, but we do what we can! i hope you get more personal time coming in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, I can relate perfectly to what you are saying.... Sometimes I wish I could just shut out the world and everybody in it and just do my things for however long I choose. There never seems to be enough time, and especially when you have many ideas in your head, it can become quite frustrating. I must say I admire you for what you get done after working all day. That wall hanging is gorgeous, I love the suggestions for your workshop/class, and that canvas is awesome. Wondering what the big pink panel is for.... And that pink chair is so cute ....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post and I love your painting alot! -
    PS I you haven´t yet, please enter my giveaway it ends soon!! ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete